Traditional instruction and assessment models are dominated by facts easily assessed by multiple choice questions. Moving to a focus on student claims, supported by evidence and sound reasoning is difficult, but helps ensure that students more deeply understand science content and practices. Join VAEI staff and like-minded colleagues as we explore planning considerations and instructional strategies to support the use of claim, evidence, and reasoning in student explanations.
In this webinar, we’ll explore…
• Instructional tips for planning student investigations that allow students to make scientific claims
• Strategies to support students in developing claims, supported by evidence and sound reasoning
• Resources to guide K-12 students in mastering claim, evidence, and reasoning Download links and related resources to use in your classroom right away.
Download links and related resources to use in your classroom right away.
Downloadable resources in this webinar include:
- Turning Data Into Evidence Prompt
- Explanation Prompt
- Matrix of Science and Engineering Practices
- Present and Defend Prompt
Review & register for upcoming VAEI events on our event catalog!